Saturday 5 July 2014

Sweet Potato Brownies!


 

 
Hey guys,

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend. I spent my weekend cleaning, baking and beaching. Was wonderful!

So let me tell you about what I baked. I always like to try new things and I had come about a recipe for Sweet Potato Brownies. When I think of brownies, it’s either those delicious chocolate, fudgey, gooey, stuck together blocks of wonderfulness, or the type you get in Amsterdam.

As a Vegan, I find it difficult sometimes to get a sweet tooth kick. As dairy is not allowed, when you fancy a chocolate bar, it is difficult to find an alternative. So I need to bake my own things that I can pick at during the week if I feel like this. So here come the brownies. At first, I thought, “sweet potato in a desert, really?” You will all probably think that too, but let me tell you, maybe we should taste before judging.

The recipe is really easy to make and they came out tasting delicious. My roommate couldn’t get enough last night when I told her to try one. She wanted more and more. If you like sweet potatoes (I love me sweet mash potato) and dates, you will love this. It is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free (apart from a bit in your maple syrup.
 


Please let me know if you make them and how they turn out!!

Have a great week!

LaLa x

No comments:

Post a Comment