Friday 6 June 2014

Not So Chedderlicious!

Hey guys,
So let me tell you, this whole vegan thing can on occasions, be real hard. Especially when it's the Jewish festival of Shavuot, which it was last week. The festival itself which obviously includes eating, is basically related around cheese. Cheesecake, mac and cheese, quiche, literally anything involving cheese is what you eat. So the day comes where I haven't eaten cheese for about  a month and I decide I want 'pizza toast.' So I go to my fridge to find the sliced vegan cheese I bought a while back. Looking at the packet I am wondering whether I should really eat it or not. I mean, it looks like plastic sheets of yellow shit to be honest but my craving kicks in so I decide it's time to try it. 

I open the pack and tear a bit of the cheese off to taste and GAG. People who know me know that I have an awful gag reflex. The smell of something bad can make me gag like you have never heard! So anyway I gag. HARDCORE GAGGING!! Not only does it look like yellow plastic grossness but it tastes worse than that. I am actually appalled about the taste going on in my mouth; I eat a whole spoonful of peanut butter to reignite my taste buds of something wonderful. 
 


Moral of the story is, if something looks gross, it is probably bound to taste worse. Oh well, time to make cheesecake. (Vegan of course!)

Follow me on Instagram too.. lalavak

Have a good weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. Lol that stuff is nasty. Tofutti products are decent, otherwise I have yet to see a good vegan 'cheeze' in Israel (I don't know why the hell Daya isn't imported).
    An interesting product is nutritional yeast- it has a Parmesan-like flavor, great in salad, sprinkled on soup and made into a paste for sandwichesor in other recipes.
    xoxo Stay fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grated cheese is much better or if you know someone coming from the US ask them to bring you some Daiya cheese. They can freeze it and bring it in their suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies, thanks for your comments.
    I have heard about nutritional yeast so I will look into some recipes with it.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pack of this in my fridge as well. Thought I'd give it a try. Big mistake! Every time I see it I just shake my head and go for my home-made nut cheese instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Debora.. Your nut cheese sounds good. Want to send over a recipe?? blogdoll21@gmail.com - thanks!

    ReplyDelete